Plants have superpowers. They can fill your stomach, fuel your workouts, and even extend your life. But for some people, a plant-based diet might seem stressful, especially if they believe the “experts” who tell us to eat only plants. Not true.
Smart plant-based diets are nutritious and delicious and still make room for meat, fish, dairy and eggs. In fact, they aren’t diets at all, but blueprints for a lifetime of eating well. The recipes and simple guidelines inMen’s Health Plant-Based Eating, devised with help from some of the most brilliant minds in nutrition, will help you harness the full powers of plants. Inside you’ll find:
- Five simple steps to start eating plant-based meals
- 100+ filling and flavorful recipes
- The top 15 plant-based protein sources. You’ll never guess the plant that offers a whooping 19 grams per ½ cup. Hint: It’s NOT tofu.
- Plant-based shakes that help you build muscle fast
- Six amazing grains for weight loss
- A foreword by Brian St. Pierre RD, CSCS and a comprehensive introduction by Paul Kita, food and nutrition editor for Men’s Health
- Vibrant color photos and complete nutrition information with every recipe
- Lie-flat binding for easy use
With this cookbook, you’ll learn how to make dozens of hearty, delicious meals so you can add muscle, defend against disease, maintain a healthy weight, and unleash a ton of energy.